Thursday, February 14, 2013

Peace of the Desert and the birds

The desert offers up so many wonderful photograph opportunities or just nature-watching, if you aren't carrying a camera! Along with the enormous  Saguaro towering overhead, there are many other varieties of cacti and vegetation to provide shelter for birds and other critters. Each day, I am blessed with the entertainment of another variety. Yesterday morning, right after sunrise, a coyote came trotting down the mountain path....soon his friend followed. By the time I ran and got my camera, they were gone; so although I didn't get a photo, that quick glimpse remains a wonderful memory!
 
Peace of the Desert
 
Today I was able to photograph a bird I have been spotting often; it resembles a cardinal in body size shape and crested head, but it is all black. Then I was lucky enough to spot a pair of hawks...
 



No comments: