Thursday, June 6, 2013

Experimentation....marble and oils, acrylic, too!

Today I finished up one that I have been working on for a couple of days and having trouble getting just the color I wanted. It was too intense, then when I toned it down it was too dull, then I added another color and it seemed just right...........until it was completely dry...then it was too dark.

I knew that I would recognize the right color/value when it was acheived....

                                            'Patience...'                 12 x 12" acrylic on mounted panel

Normally, I don't paint a subject repeatedly but I keep wanting to explore this one. I am really happy with the texture of the barn siding. Even though the cat is the main character the barn plays a huge role in making the star shine.

I then decided it was time to play and there was this piece of marble that I have been meaning to paint on. I researched a little and found moisture would really be a bad thing on this so I considered colored pencil, but I really wasn't sure; then I saw these oil pencils that I have had for many, many years.

Not sure how to use them and decided to explore on my own rather than search for the answers. I wanted to see what I could learn. Here is my first attempt. (I did learn a few things.)
                                                  3 x 8"              no title...any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relative Lift ~Vered