Monday, January 7, 2013

# 7....... of 30 paintings in 30 days 2013

Thinking I should really start some projects that have been tossed around in my right brain for several months, so today I plunged in.

Having been bitten with the travel bug a few years ago, I have tried to do as much exploring the landscape as I can. I am saddened to see the litter that I find while hiking. Last year I started picking as much up as I could, on one particular area. Then it dawned on me that I should repurpose these rusted pieces of metal. I wrapped them in newspaper and flew them home with me.

They have been treated to stop the rusting process and  are ready for painting. Each one will have a subject that I have personally encountered and photographed in the area where I gathered the metal. With the uneven surface, it is difficult to get detail but here goes attempt #1..... a Magpie that I followed for some time.....


 

'Alone in the Desert'  

 3 x 8" oil on rusted metal     NFS

 
Comments and suggestions are always appreciated.
 
Thank you for looking........ Ruth Ann

No comments: