Sunday, January 15, 2012

#15 Good Morning, Sunshine

Sunshine! What a beautiful thing! Even when it is barely in the teens outside, I find it so uplifting to see the sun shining brightly. My husband bought these tulips for me yesterday and I wanted to capture them in the glow of the morning sun and the stained glass windows of my dining room.

It is a very high key painting; quite different from yesterday's, but it was how I felt today. I learned a bit from it and although it isn't perfection, it turned out okay. I think tomorrow's painting will be much simpler.....


Good Morning, Sunshine     5 x 7" oil on panel  

Here's hoping there is a ray of sunshine in your day..........

2 comments:

silentwitness said...

Your stained glass window is simply awesome! The colors in the tulip harmonize with it beautifully. Can't believe you could paintng this so quickly. Bravo!

Trish Lyons said...

I love this higher key and the colors used. How did you make the edges between the stained glass?
Inquiring minds want to know...lol.