Sunday, January 15, 2012

#15 Good Morning, Sunshine

Sunshine! What a beautiful thing! Even when it is barely in the teens outside, I find it so uplifting to see the sun shining brightly. My husband bought these tulips for me yesterday and I wanted to capture them in the glow of the morning sun and the stained glass windows of my dining room.

It is a very high key painting; quite different from yesterday's, but it was how I felt today. I learned a bit from it and although it isn't perfection, it turned out okay. I think tomorrow's painting will be much simpler.....


Good Morning, Sunshine     5 x 7" oil on panel  

Here's hoping there is a ray of sunshine in your day..........

2 comments:

silentwitness said...

Your stained glass window is simply awesome! The colors in the tulip harmonize with it beautifully. Can't believe you could paintng this so quickly. Bravo!

Patricia Ansert Art said...

I love this higher key and the colors used. How did you make the edges between the stained glass?
Inquiring minds want to know...lol.