Monday, January 16, 2012

Painting # 16 ComPEARatively Simple

It was great fun to paint the pear today............simple it is not. As you study one, you find all the little things that make that pear unique; be it shape, color, markings, etc. Pattern texture was a whole other area I didn't even have time to consider. I actually painted most of the day............a special painting coming tomorrow. I have to admit I am getting addicted to using these Ampersand panels and umber along with medium.


ComPEARatively Simple              5 x 7" oil on panel    


Evidently, it isn't simple at all. I can't get it to rotate, no matter what I try....sorry.

2 comments:

Kristen Dukat Art said...

Ruth, try saving the pic to your desktop, then right click on it, and you should be able to rotate it and save. then edit your blog post.

Gloria E. Moses said...

Sideways, straight up, detailed and gorgeous.