Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Painting #17 ...Watching Over You

Today is dedicated to a very special person;  a successful professional in the  health industry as an RN, BSN,  a devoted mother, an adoring sister, a compassionate friend, a truly amazing daughter..............but most of all, one that is blessing us all with her existence, to celebrate another birthday, despite the attack of cancer that she continues to battle!

Here's to you, my darling daughter ,  Melissa Lynne Sturgill Windau!!!  You are my inspiration and joy...may you celebrate many, many more!!!


Watching Over You     8 x 8" on wood panel   NFS

Although TIGGER is gone, he lives on our memories................

5 comments:

AAP Digital Network said...

How Do I Love Thee?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Sonnet 43 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

silentwitness said...

Nice painting, RuthAnn and a lovely tribute to your daughter! The spirit your sweet and beautiful kitty lives on!

Kristen Dukat Art said...

awww, what a sweet tribute to your daughter!

Gloria E. Moses said...

Both are pretty darn amazing! A beautiful caught expression and a beautiful expression of thought! Thank you for sharing this!

TOM said...

1st who is mellisa married to------2nd if that is a painting, xcelent,,,3rd-you are getting very old,,,and lastly ,i am a survior,i am sorry for her,but if she is like her mother,a fighter she will win the battle,,give her my love and ill pray for her---luv