Monday, January 30, 2012

#30 ... A la votre fini

Well, it is day 30...I did it! 30 paintings in 30 days.....Great discipline for me. I will probably repeat this later in the year. I am hoping it kickstarted some good habits of getting to the studio and producing.

I am excited to get started on some of the larger paintings that I have just been agonizing over, not  being able to work on them yet. I have also been trying to analyze what I am trying to convey in my work. I really want to tell a story. Getting to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the DAI was quite a treat. The colors in his fleshtones is incredible. The things that are lost to the viewer when they were reproduced on the cover of Satuday Evening Post.

I don't yearn to do what he did nor do I want to paint just as he did but I am certaily inspired by the beautiful nuances of good clean color I found  repeatedly in his work. That is one of my goals...fresher, cleaner colors. Those darn complimentary colors need to leave my brain for awhile!

With today being the last day, I wanted an appropriate title. Salud was a consideration and so was fini but I wanted a little more, so after a little research, here it is....


                                                  A la votre fini            5 x 7 oil on panel


Translated in French, meaning...."to the end or finish".............so I make a toast with my margarita........to the FINISH!

May you all find something in your life, today, to make a toast....................Ruth Ann

1 comment:

Gloria E. Moses said...

Cheers! I know you did not waste that, It does look good enough to be cold yet!